Dog Bite Expert Witness
Canine Behavior Expert, Robert H. Brandau, A.C.O., provides expert behavioral opinions regarding personal injury and criminal charges as a result of canine involvement nationwide for criminal and civil cases, plaintiff or defendant.
Dog Bite Expert Witness Services
Attention Attorneys and dog bite victims. Contact me to discuss: dog bites, canine training, dog jumping incidents, dogs running at large, dogs terrorizing children or adults, lost dogs, canine containment and control issues, canine housing and care issues, canine co-ownership issues, invisible fencing containment issues, canine product liability cases, dog bite provocation, owner negligence, dogs possessing vicious and dangerous propensities, police dog attacks, suspect apprehension, olfactory capabilities and reliability of scent detection and tracking for police dogs used in establishing probable cause and police dog maintenance and training.
In order to admit evidence to the court about something that is not ordinarily known, such as why did a dog bite, you need an expert. Expert witnesses are the solution for getting an opinion into the records, becoming evidence.
As an expert I know the law is full of rules, sub rules, clauses, motions and demands on plaintiffs, accusers, defendants and experts. There are hard and fast requirements for submitting particular documents, which must be immaculately worded in keeping with the law. If a deadline for filing is missed you could be facing a big fat contempt citation or loose a motion for summary judgment. The law is brutal. Attorneys have learned how the system works because they wanted to and have passed the bar to brave this on our behalf.
As an expert I will follow those rules of the court and I know opponents will treat me exactly as they treat the most expensive Attorneys from the largest Law Firms in the country. No mercy, they aren’t my fairy godparents, they will not protect my opinion, they will challenge the veracity of it to death. No one, not the judge, opposing council or you, will have patience with me if I start sliding down the legal learning curve, and I won’t. Opponents will try and eat me up and my soul as they sacrifice little baby bunny rabbits. And they will be delighted to show me no mercy.
As an expert I will face those baby bunny sacrificing opponents head on because my credentials and opinions can withstand cross examination and my expert qualifications can withstand the Voir dire process. I have never been disqualified and my opinions have never been refuted and I have assisted in having some opposing experts disqualified, as well. My first case testifying as a Dog Expert was in 1990 in Superior Court in the State of New Jersey.
I am a court qualified dog expert contact me to discuss your case.
Did the owner have prior knowledge and fail to prevent interaction?
Is there a behavioral bias for punitive damages?
Do you know what to ask the witnesses?
Click Here to Email Us or call: 973.296.9234
As a trained New Jersey State Certified Animal Control Officer, I understand the correct procedure for the restraint and handling of aggressive animals.
I am trained in establishing probable cause, scene assessment and the collection and introduction of evidence. My experience includes court testimony.
I have testified and been deposed in numerous dog-related cases and I am familiar with Potentially Dangerous Dog Laws in various states.
Robert H. Brandau is widely recognized as an expert in dog behavior
- It often requires an expert to analyze the evidence: It often requires an expert to analyze the evidence and sometimes the dog may have to be evaluated to prove aggression, provocation and causes of the dog bite. This enhances both the liability and damages sides of your case regardless of whether your case is governed by a strict liability dog bite statute. Sometimes the opinion of the expert settles the case.
- No two dog bites are the same: I have been evaluating canine aggression and testifying in court for the past 28 years. I am trained as an expert witness. I have already been involved in dozens and dozens of dog bite and dog related cases as an expert. I have prepared reports, been deposed and testified before the courts on behalf of attorneys, victims, plaintiffs, defendants, police, municipalities, animal control officers, the A.S.P.C.A., district attorneys, governments and courts of law.
- Witness questions prepared for you: I will prepare a list of questions you should pose to the witnesses during interrogatories and depositions. Often the expert knows things to ask that would never occur to you. Questions I have prepared for interrogatories have settled the case. Questions I have prepared for depositions have created opportunities for settlement.
- Was there prior knowledge? Did the dog owner know there was a problem with the animal and failed to prevent interaction? I can make that determination and help secure the evidence.
- My name has grown internationally: Not only am I regarded as an expert in the courtroom but also in other ventures. The proof of this can be seen in major motion pictures, TV, commercials and United States Postal Service Dog Bite Prevention Public Service Announcements. Dogs I have bred, trained and worked with were seen with Michael J. Fox in the ‘Secret of My Success”, Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor and Kevin Spacey in “See No Evil, Hear No Evil”, Vanessa Williams and Robert Downey Jr. in “The Pickup Artist”, Tele Savalas in ”Kojack”, Diane Lane in “Lady Beware”, Robert Ulrich in “Spencer For Hire”, Billy Dee Williams for Colt 45, plus I can be seen, along with my dogs in “The Equalizer”, on “Late Nite” with David Letterman, and on “MTV” with Jon Stewart. And I make an appearance in and trained the dogs and provided the training for the United States Postal Service Dog Bite Prevention Public Service Announcements.I served as President of FOWA (The Friends of Wayne Animals Society) and managed the Wayne Township Municipal Animal Shelter in 2007.
I have been called a “Real life Dog Whisperer”
by News Correspondent John Huddy from Fox News and WOR News in July 2008 and been called “Sussex Counties own dog whisperer knows what your pet is thinking.” By Rosa Kasper News Reporter N.J. Advertiser News in April 2007.
Get the Information You Need Now!
Click Here to Email Us or call: 866.GET.USK9 (866.438.8759) cell 973.296.9234 to discuss your case.
You will be able to use my name, expertise and credentials.
This credibility may well assist in settling your case before trial as it has for others in the past. Please contact us for a copy of my CV and to discuss your case.
To be retained as an expert
I require a letter stating my acceptance by you as an expert witness along with what will be required of me. My retainer fee for these services starts at $2,500.00. All case related actions are billed at $350.00 per hour. Off premise needs are billed door to door. Any associated expenses incurred are billed separately and often have minimums. Court “wait” time fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Some cases may require up front expense monies and hourly fees. My retainer agreement may be secured by email.
Send me your Case for review
By reviewing your Complaint and Response it can be determined if my expertise can prove to be valuable to the outcome of your case. For this the fee of $350.00 is to be enclosed with the documents.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your case. Click Here to Email Us or call: 973.296.9234